Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Vocabulary Larry Says...

Good morning.  I hope everyone has had a good week since the last time we had a chance to chat.  I know I did.  Over the last week I have been thinking of what to talk about this week and I was reminded of a situation that happened to me during class a couple of months back...

I was reading responses and critiques and responses to a post in class and one of those critiques (from a student) told me that I shouldn't be using such big words in my papers because it makes it hard to understand.  Part of me agreed that I could use a smaller, simpler word choices and still make mg point.  It would be easier to comprehend for everybody.  Then I remembered, and reminded my classmate, that we are in college and we should be writing at a level commensurate with our education level.

The point is not to be put off by big words.  You are in the process of attending a school with the intent of matriculating at some point with a degree that says you have a higher education. Embrace this part of your journey and strive to learn all you can in ALL aspects of your education, not just photography.

Thanks for checking out the blog today.  Feel free to leave a message on the widget on the right side of the page.  I'll be here all day.

W.

Works Cited:
Girl Holding Library Dictionary. Photography. Encyclopædia Britannica Image Quest. Web. 17 Jul 2013. http://quest.eb.com/images/154_2902562