Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Are we going fast or slow in this course?

Hello everyone and welcome to another Terrific Tuesday!

If you started classes at about the same time I started blogging (is that a word!) then you should be in your week five or so, looking ahead toward the end of the class… so you can start all over again with the next on most of the time the next day!  People have asked me before “how do you do it?” after all I am working full time, working part time and going to school full time.  My answer is simple: stamina and perseverance!

When I first started with the classes it seemed that everything was going at such a fast pace that I felt that I had to run from day one just to catch up with the fear of being left behind.  After three years, now it feels like time has stopped moving as fast and that everything is where it is supposed to be.

By this time you might be saying: “who is he kidding, I can barely keep up with the course!”

Others might be saying: “this guy is crazy, we will never be able to perceive that classes are that slow!”

I am here to tell you that someday you will look back at this blog and say that I was right!  If you are wondering how I got where I am today, I will tell you that there are three things that helped me through the hard times in this race to the finish line, also known as graduation with a diploma.


The first one is time management, be sure that you keep track of everything that is going on in the classes you are taking and plan ahead accordingly.  If Monday is day one of the week and you have a shooting assignment due on Saturday, don’t wait until that day to start shooting, more often than not there will be some problems that need to be dealt with before you get to the shooting.  If you have a paper for another class due on the same day, start your research as soon as possible.  Also, remember that the last week is a short one and some classes have final projects that need to be turned in before the course ends.  Once you know what is going on during that week, plan your time to get everything done taking into consideration everything you learned in your previous classes.

My second area that helped me during my studies is patience.  Don’t laugh, you need to have patience to deal with everything that is thrown your way and perseverance to get everything done.

The last thing is developing a strong will and foresight of everything you are going to do in the future, that way you can plan ahead and use your time management skills accordingly.  Some classes are required in order to tackle the next ones, go into the library and see all the courses that are required for your degree.  You can actually open the information for each one of them and see the topical outlines for each class, so you can prepare yourself for what is coming your way!

That is all I got, do you agree?  Do you have any secrets that assist you throughout the studies that you might want to share with others?  Go ahead and write them down and share them here.

Until later then, I leave you with some humor to keep your spirits and your tickle bone tuned!

Have a great Tuesday!

Tuesday Ambassador.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!