Friday, October 11, 2013

No Whining!


Saturday Ambassador
I'm tired. In fact, I'm exhausted. I drive an eighteen-wheeler throughout the forty-eight contiguous states, and I watch people demonstrate less sense than some roadkill I've encountered as they pilot a several-thousand-pound hunk of metal at 70+ mph down the highway. There is no courtesy or common sense; the pervasive attitude is "I'll get there first, no matter what", without regard for safety or laws. If this is you, stop it. Nothing you have to do this morning (or any morning) is worth endangering the lives of others.
If you are not driving, badly or otherwise, perhaps you are contemplating your next project. Another one? Already? Really??? It is not uncommon to experience burnout when you are inundated with a steady stream of assignments atop your other obligations to an employer and/or family. Unfortunately, you probably can't change the situation, but you can alleviate any stagnant trends which begin to develop in your work. Consider engaging in a personal project for fun as a reminder as to why you enjoy photography. If there are any constraints to such a project, they will be set by you and you can pursue it as long as you like.
Several years ago, I stopped in a rest area near Salt Lake City, Utah late at night. There I encountered a small paramilitary action figure "guarding" the restrooms. I decided that he could be more productive, so I hired him to guard my camera gear. He eventually became the star of a long-running series entitled Adventures of the Lil' Dude. This is my personal project that lightens my mood and provides a fun distraction from the "work" aspect of photography:
 








~Saturday Ambassador

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!