Sunday, October 6, 2013

Thoughts on Creating a Series and Presentation.

Good Morning and Happy Sunday... I have had a busy week with my current class and life in general. This Sunday I just wanted to touch base on a subject that I am currently dealing with, the subject is a photographic series. Im sure that many of you have seen these before. I know I have some are very interesting and others.. well, others not so much. Now the questions is why were they not so successful, I don't really have an answer, but the one thing that has been weighing on my mind is how the series is presented to the viewing audience. Does that series have that "WOW or SHOCK VALUE" factor. If they do then I would assume that they would be rather successful vs. the series that doesn't give the viewing audience something to think about or draw them in.

I have been working on my own series. Its the Post-Apocalyptic Gas Mask Series. Over the past few weeks I have photographed for this series, it part of my final project for class,but they will all fall into place when the project is done. The one thing I have noticed is that all the subjects I have photographed have one thing in common... The Gas Mask, they all have some "Shock Value", but Its missing something.. This weekend I figured out what it is, so I am on a quest to fulfill the missing aspect of my series. Until I get that done, I still have the task of figuring out how to present it. I thought of it as if it were a book. You have the title then all the chapters. I am in the process of working out the details, but if any reader has any suggestions or comments please feel free to comment,leave suggestions or opinions.. I love opinions. Again its been a busy week, sorry for a short blog today. Below are a few of the photographs from my current series.

 All Photos Taken by Wayne Salat
 All Photos Taken by Wayne Salat
 All Photos Taken by Wayne Salat
 All Photos Taken by Wayne Salat
 All Photos Taken by Wayne Salat
 All Photos Taken by Wayne Salat
All Photos Taken by Wayne Salat

Again if you have any comments or questions please feel free to ask.


Enjoy Your Sunday and Photograph Something Everyday!


Sunday Ambassador~ Wayne

4 comments:

  1. I heard the ice cream truck go by as it does every day about this time. Do you have them near you? I thought it might be an interesting gas mask picture. Also, what is the gas mask protecting from? Would the plants still be green? I have a "Sustainable Green" project I am working on for a class so I started thinking of your gas mask series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This all started because of that assignment. I was doing some thinking and I think the photos that I have now are during the "Regroup" phase. I am currently working on the "Shock" of the original aftermath. I am in the process of setting up a trip to Detroit, to do some photos. Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not all toxins will affect all plant life.. but who knows for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!