Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Final Project!

Final projects can strike terror in our heart, or bring us a lot of satisfaction. Even getting an “A” on a final projects does not mean that we have learn everything about the subject matter of the class, but it does mean we have made a substantial step in the right direction.

Yesterday I turned in my final Final Project! Yep, as of today I am a graduate of the Art Institute of Pittsburgh Online Division with a Bachelor of Science degree in Photography. Let me get back to the final project though.

Tuesday’s blog was about Adobe Premiere Pro. I love it, now. I’m sharing with you an example of its use. You see, my final class was DFV120 Video I, which is a lot easier than Time Based Media I and II. It is an elective, so you could actually take it before TBM I and II to help you get acclimated to the world of video. When I started TBM I, I thought video would never be part of my photography career. Now I can’t wait to be good at it! DFV120 Video I is not a class just for photographers, so the standards are not as high, but mine were. If I was going to make a video, it must be worthwhile. I created a promo video for my wedding photography business. I was thankful that I had learned how to create titles, blend sound levels, and a myriad of other details in Time Based Media classes. Another clue, get to be friends with Lynda.com (for any Adobe related questions). You can access inside the school site. Click on the “+CLICK HERE TO ACCESS Tutoring Services, Help Forums & Tutorials” box above each assignment. The link to Lynda.com is on right side.

Now I have two promo videos, one for my children’s photography and one for my wedding. I suggest you gear as many of your final projects toward your chosen genre and goal in photography as possible. I created the children’s promo video in Time Based Media I, and this is what I created in Video I.  
Click here to see video.
This video does a great job of showing several areas that my education at AI made me a better photographer. I put a lot into my education, and I got a lot out of it. I was a pretty good amateur photographer before I started. Now when people who have known me for more than three years see my work, they see a drastic improvement. And not only is my photographic ability better, my confidence level is higher, my business sense is better, and I am much more valuable to my clients.

Get all you can out of your education at the Art Institute. When you graduate, you will be as excited about your future as I am!

I wish the best to all of you! For the final time, HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY!

Your Thursday Former Student Ambassador

P.S. If you want to continue to follow my blogs, I’ll be writing them now for my own blog, reflectionsbyrohne.com/blog. Just in case the link on the photo does not work, you can get to it through my website, reflectionsbyrohne.com. Click on the wedding services page and click on intro video near the bottom left. Oh, by the way, I redesigned my website for E-Folio class. What do you think?



2 comments:

  1. You go Connie!!! I will miss your comments, you were a great classmate in all the classes we took together! Your lighthouse project was one of my favorites!

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!