Friday, February 28, 2014

My Tanzania Photo Safari Experience

Giraffe, Southern Serengeti 2014

You may have noticed that I was not around to share the last two Friday posts via G+. This week I'd like to share a little of what I have been up to - an incredible two-week photo safari in East Africa! The following images were shot with my 70-200mm f/2.8 lens attached to my Nikon D700 and a 1.7x teleconverter in Tanzania. This gave me a total of 340mm to get closer to the animals. While some photographers bring longer lenses (I saw a few 600mm setups clamped to Land Cruisers), I found that this gear combination worked very well without breaking the bank or putting me over the 33-pound weight limit set by the small airlines that flew us from lodge to lodge. There were plenty of people shooting with just their camera phones, believe it or not! If you have any questions about the safari experience, I'd love to share what I learned. If you'd like to see more images, please be on the lookout for a larger gallery of images that I will be posting to my photography blog in the next few days. For now, please enjoy this selection of some of my favorites!

-Friday Ambassador

Baboon, Lake Manyara 2014
Cheetah, Southern Serengeti 2014

Elephant, Tarangire 2014


Lion Cubs, Southern Serengeti 2014

Zebra, Ngorongoro Crater 2014
Lioness, Southern Serengeti 2014

1 comment:

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!