Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunday Spotlight On: Scannography


“Scanner art?” “What is that?” “How did you make that?” “What did you make that with?” Those were some of the responses that I got when I presented my thesis to the class. It was a totally different style that I was use to shooting, but I knew that this was the way for me to go for my thesis. Scannography, Scanography, Scanner Art is the process of capturing images while using your flatbed scanner. The process is fairly easy and is actually fun because you can experiment with so many objects.


Quiana P Jackson. Love, 2014

My thesis was titled, Healing and these are two images that I had to choose from. I originally went with the darker image because it needed to be in the series. There are some amazing artists out there that are producing stunning images with their scanners. Some people may not consider this to be photography and that is okay! Art is an expression created by the artist.

Quiana P Jackson. Love, 2014
Some amazing Scannography Artist to check out:


I have always known of photographer Henry Hargreaves but I never knew him by his scanography images. He's mainly known for his high fashion photography or his food photography. Hargreaves created a one of a kind fashion shoot for a jewelry line with using just a scanner. 

 

Will this inspire you to create? I am your Sunday Funday Ambassador! Happy Shooting!



Work Cited: 

Hosmer, Katie. “Unique Fashion Shoot Taken on a Scanner bed.” My Modern Met.  9 Jun 2012. Web. 14 June 2014.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!