Thursday, June 19, 2014

Gallery Hanging, Photo clubs.

Since today is the opening reception for a gallery hanging I'm in, I would like to talk about having your images hung in a gallery setting. I have been lucky enough to have this opportunity to hang 3 of my images along with others in a camera club that I belong too. It is great in many ways because people get to see your work and see some of the things you can do. It is also great because you might find someone that loves your work enough that they want to by it. While I have my three images up From June 15th till September 11th hopefully hundreds of people will get to see them. They are setup in a hospital gallery at one of the local hospitals. Does anyone else belong to a camera club? I find it’s a great place for ideas and just making friends that have the same interests as you do. If I didn’t belong to this club I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to hang my images in this gallery display.

            Not only is it good for making friends but also it is good because I am networking with peers that are into photography. While most of the members are more on the amateur level there are some pros and you never know they might be looking for some type of assistance on one of their shoots someday. If you don’t belong to a camera club it wouldn’t hurt to research them in your area and join one.



 "Dr. Donlop" This image was taken at night and was light painted.
 "Speeding Lights" This image was taken just after sunset with the speeding traffic going by.
"Milky's Leg" This image was taken about 2am. It was my first try to capture the milky way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!