Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Take Time

Good Morning Everyone,

It is another Terrific Tuesday!

My blog today is going to be a bit different than what I usually post, it is going to be shorter with not so many talks about photography.

Life is full of surprises and twists every day of the year and every day of our lives.  Sometimes in one week, perception change and what we thought was important changes in the blink of an eye.  This last 7 days have been some of the most emotional, busy, tense, rewarding and tiresome that I have ever experienced.  You might be wondering what I am talking about, well, here is the lowdown of the last 7 days of my life.

Last Tuesday our first granddaughter was born, yes, I am now a grandfather for the first time in my life and the feeling is one of the most awesome feelings I have ever felt!  Two days later, my wife was offered a full time teaching position as a second grade teacher, and she started full time work on Friday.  That same Friday I took a trip to Nebraska (I live in Central Texas) to spend some time with my youngest daughter.  Friday night we went to the movies, Saturday we went to the Nebraska-Northwestern football game and on Sunday morning I started the trip back home.  Not bad, ah?  Well, you can add 7 assignments and at least 12 critiques during that same period of time that needed to be completed!  You can also add some full time work and part-time work when I was around the house.




My point right now is simple: take time to enjoy life!  Remember what is important to you and your loved ones and spend some time with them while also improving yourself in process.  Life is worth experiencing without boggling yourself in areas that might not be as important as you thought they were.

I am leaving you with a poem that I read for the first time in 6th grade, some decades ago. 

Have fun with photography, enjoy life and always remember to stop and smell the roses on the way!

Until next week, this is your Tuesday Ambassador!


Take Time

Take time to work, it is the price of success.
Take time to think, it is the source of power.
Take time to play, it is the secret of perpetual youth.
Take time to read, it is the foundation of wisdom.
Take time to worship, it is the highway to reverence.
Take time to be friendly, it is the road to happiness.
Take time to dream, it is hitching your wagon to a star.
Take time to love and be loved, it is the privilege of the gods.
Take time to look around; it is too short a day to be selfish.
Take time to laugh; it is the music of the soul.

Old English Prayer

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!