Wednesday, November 27, 2013

T-Minus One Day 'Til Turkey Day!

Ah yes, the much needed 4-day weekend.  At least that's the thought process my employer has.  See I have Thursday and Friday off this week.  Just like the Art Institute Employees have off this week.  Just like the students have off this week.  Awesome!  I can relax and spend time with my family, right?  Wrong.

Desterro - Rebeca Saray



The Lady in Red - Rebeca Saray
Just because I am not required to log into the classroom on Thursday and Friday this week doesn't mean I can rest on my laurels.  Because of the change in due dates I now have 3 assignments due on Saturday and Sunday.  I mean I could wait to do it all until Saturday.  That would be cool.  2 papers at 1,000 words each and a full photo shoot (that could take up to 3 hours to shoot - not including editing time).  So I guess I don't really get a long weekend, huh?

Nope.  Ya sure don't.  In all my time at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh Online Division, the most hectic time of year is the time between now and 15 January.  You will need to juggle holiday, time with family, classroom expectations, writing papers, organizing photoshoots (remember models want to spend time with their families too), opening gifts, shoveling snow, and the list goes on and on.  The bottom line is it's the BUSIEST time of year, so get your time management skills sharpened up because you are going to need them.

For me this year will be really tough.  I am taking, arguably the two most difficult classes that I have had to date, at the same time.  Both are classes that I am retaking for one reason or another (no worries Wednesday Fans, none were for failed classes) so I already know what is expected in both classes, and it's a lot of work all crammed into the holiday season.  So if I miss a week or two this term of blogging you'll know why.  


Well, back to work for me.  Trying to get ahead of the game and get some of those thousand word papers done early.



Works Cited
Saray, Rebeca. "Desterro." Phlearn. Phlearn, n.d. Web. 26 Nov. 2013. <http://phlearn.com/ 
     weekend-photography-inspiration-xxxiv>. 
- - -. "The Lady in Red." Phlearn. Phlearn, n.d. Web. 26 Nov. 2013. <http://phlearn.com/ 
     weekend-photography-inspiration-xxxiv>. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!