Sunday, September 15, 2013

Photograpic Design

Good Morning and Happy Sunday... Today I wanted to touch on a few things that I have been going over in PH135 Photographic Design. The Principals of Design where we use Lines, Balance, Shapes, using Positive and negative space and camera angle to create an awesome photograph.  Over the past week, I have been searching for places and things to photograph that fit the assignment that I had to complete.  I went to several different places, I was down by the Delaware River in Philadelphia in a few of the river front parks and I found an old coal pier that is no longer in use and has graffiti all over. That place was amazing. I also went to some really great spots to take photos. On Wednesday I drove 2 hours to Hummelstown, PA, near Hershey PA to the Indian Echo Caverns, where I took some more photos for class as well as going to the  Antique Automobile Club of America where I spent a few hours.. 


The Image below was taken at Penn Treaty Park, located in Philadelphia right on the Delaware River, I chose this landscape and famed it to incorporate the lines of the rocks on the shore to the Ben Franklin Bridge, as well as use the negative space ( the sky) to help the viewer move around the photograph flawlessly


Photo taken By Wayne Salat


 This Photo was taken at Pulaski Park, it is also on the Delaware River not to far from Penn Treaty Park, with this photograph, I attempted to use the negative space and draw the viewer in with the angle and lines of the dock as well as using the water as negative space to try and create a balance. 
 Photo Taken By Wayne Salat


 Taken at Indian Echo Caverns this was quite a challenge, as there is little to no light. I attempted to use the lines of this lime stone as well as different angle to make this more appealing.
 Photo by Wayne Salat

 The old Port Richmond Coal Pier, has been defunct for many years, its not an easy place to find, but when you do, its a photographers dream place to shoot. Below I used the lines and framing to help make this photograph appealing to the viewer. 
Photo By Wayne Salat
That's all for today, Please feel free to make comments and ask questions.

 Enjoy Your Sunday and Photograph Something Everyday!


Sunday Ambassador~ Wayne


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!