Sunday, September 22, 2013

Creative Self-Portraits

Happy Sunday Everyone! We all made it through another long and busy week. I think I mentioned somewhere that my current class is Photographic Design. Honestly when I started the class, I wasn't sure what to expect. The information on it really didn't go into great detail. We just hit the end of week 2 and class is just cruising by, I wanted to talk a little about one of the assignments this past week: Creative Self-Portraits. This assignment took a lot of thought and serious reflection on my part. I mean you have to think about who you are and what makes you, you.. Keeping in mind that you, cant necessarily be in the photo itself. That means no putting it on the tripod and taking a full face shot. You can have body parts in the photograph, but not your face.. Sounds difficult.. Slightly, but if you really think about it, the ideas will come streaming out.. Don't forget to jot them down so you don't forget..

I did some research and found some really amazing photos taken by some very talented photographers. That just added to the motion in my head. So I pose this question to all of you out there hopefully reading this blog.. What do you think makes a great or outstanding creative self-portrait and how far would you go to take one that will really make an outstanding impression.

Below are a few that I took this past week. Please feel free to leave feedback... We all LOVE feedback.


 Photos by Wayne Salat
                                                                    Photos by Wayne Salat
 Photos by Wayne Salat
                                                                                           Photos by Wayne Salat



Enjoy Your Sunday and Photograph Something Everyday!


Sunday Ambassador~ Wayne

3 comments:

  1. Please feel free to leave comments and ask questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff- a wonderful post for faculty to link to PH123 Intro to Photography! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!