Wednesday, May 6, 2015

When posting - ...

When posting- why not post a brief 2-3 summary of your work

A very good Wednesday morning to everyone.

Let me just say what an eventful week I have had. Last week I posted about have a good filing system and also storing your files in a safe place just in case you have a hard drive crash. Well wouldn’t you have guessed? As fate would have it I had that very unhappy event occur in my life.

My hard drive crashed on me and I had to make an hour trip through to the nearest Apple store to get it checked out. It took a few days before I could get a new drive and everything sorted out. The story here is that I lost everything on my hard drive.

“All my applications and all my…. well that was it. “

I had all my schoolwork and important documents stored on my external hard drive and so I just had to re-install all my applications once I received my computer back.

I work mostly in Google docs so everything was in the “Cloud” as they say and once I got my applications installed I could access all the work that I had done. I can see how that saved me and I just want to make sure that you know it could happen to anyone.

It has taken some time to get my licenses for a few of my plugins that I use in Photoshop and Lightroom, but that is a very small price to pay just knowing that you have not lost any of your information.

Which leads me to the reason for this post. When you submit your assignments to the discussion page. Start with a good summary of the work that you are about to introduce to the class. By doing this they are prepared for your argument, statement or analysis and understand clearly what your intention is.

You also give yourself a very solid foundation from which to launch into your work. At the end you are then able to use your summary from the beginning to substantiate the information that you included in between. It is just like telling a story. Open with the plot, give them the juicy bits in the middle and then finish with your good twist at the end.

I am now justified in recommending a great external back-up system because it has saved me a lot of time and heart ache knowing I still have all my work and I have no excuses that I could use about why I could not post, except of cause the legitimate excuse of having your hard drive crash on you.

Have a great day.


Denzil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!