Monday, May 18, 2015

Happy Monday,


Today I want to talk about classes that are difficult and not giving up on them.  Many times we may start a class that we are sure we are going to struggle in.  I know it has happened to me a few times and I won't deny that my first instinct was to drop the class and take it at another time.  I have always stuck it out though.  The key is determination and focus remembering your goals.  In the end all of your hard work will pay off.  There are times when we are going to have to work harder to get what we want and that is just better training for what the real world is all about. 


If you find that in the beginning of a class you are really struggling and finding it difficult to understand the assignments you have options.  You can use the available tutoring service that AI offers, there is also extra credit assignments sometimes that you can do and mostly put extra effort into your work for that class.  Try not to get discouraged and if you do, there are so many people here to help you. 


The last class I took and just finished was more difficult than most.  I started out the first week with a 76% which I was so upset about.  I knew that this was going to be so hard to bring back up.  I used my resources and talked to the alumni ambassador who gave me some positive reinforcement and did some extra credits.  I just finished that class with a final grade of 96%.  Which proves that nothing is impossible.  You can do anything if you put your mind to it. 


Don't ever be afraid to ask for help if you need it.  The instructors are there for you along with so many others.  Have a great week everyone. 


Barbara Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!