Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Tout Le Monde, Farewell


Stanley, Winston. Trapped. 2014


Greetings fellow shooters! Tuesday Ambassador Stanley here introducing you to my last Tuesday as an Ambassador here for the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. The past few weeks have been a mental and emotional roller coaster ride for me which resulted in missing posts, however, this may be a ride I will never forget. Now I am not leaving just yet as I still a have a few more classes to go before graduation, if everything pans out that way, but you should still see my presence on PSPN from time to time. I feel that I need to step down as Ambassador so I can open the door for another passionate, aspiring photographer who loves to write and is able to keep up with each and every week.

Do not get me wrong though, I love taking photos of just about anything and everything that presents itself to me because there is nothing like capping a perfectly timed photo. If you do not feel a rush of something going through your body after capturing a photo where you know that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, then you may be pursuing the wrong profession. If you feel like it is a hassle to go out and shoot for an assignment, even with one camera and nothing else, again, you may be pursuing the wrong profession. Why am I writing this you ask? Because I know there are some individuals out there, judging by their pictures, that indicates to me that they are not putting in the same amount of effort in their assignments with no explanation as to how or why the shoot went the way it did. Case in point, think about what you truly want to pursue in your life whether it is taking pictures, 3D animation, architecture, plumbing or maybe you just want to be a police officer. Whatever it is that “floats your boat” pursue it and do not let it go no matter how difficult the assignment, course or even instructor is.

Some tidbits before I sign off for all of you newcomers and newbies who are enrolled here at the AIPOD and that is to check every little piece of information within your courses at the start of the course; Course Home, “Readings and Assignments,” Academic Expectations, Academic Resource, Syllabus even any questions that are asked of your professor is great to read as well. Reason being is so that you are not in shock and awe when you come to find out that there is an assignment due today that needed a few days of work. Be mindful of the day rate when turning in late work, but in fact you should not be turning stuff in late to begin with. Once you get in the groove of how each first week of class pans out you will come to find that most of the information that I pointed out to you will usually be the same for every class, so you will soon figure out what you should read and what you have already read. And always, thanks for reading.

Stanley, Winston. Set Free. 2014


- Tues. Amb. Stanley

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stanley,

    It's been a pleasure reading your posts. Best of luck to you in all your endeavors. Sending positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Carolyn! I am glad someone liked them as uninformative as they may have been? I'm just kidding, or am I? I appreciate anything, even positive thoughts. :)

      Delete

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!