Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Feeding Time

Greetings fellow shooters! Tuesday Ambassador Stanley here introducing you to another Tuesday. As you all know I have departed my classes of Studio Photography and Marketing and I am currently pursuing Editorial Photography and Portraiture I. Let’s just say everything looks overwhelming right off the bat. Though, I think with solid time management I may be able to pull these two classes through. We will see.

Enough of that though as I have a little treat for you all to enjoy as my weekend was spent camping at a nearby lake. Many shots were taken that weekend but not as much as I had wanted, however, pleased none-the-less. I started with a time lapse of the night sky framed with branches and leaves waving in the foreground while the next day was filled with capturing shots of various birds, ducks, landscapes and anything that caught my eyes. Later that day was filled with more of the previously mentioned captures but instead of on land, I took into the waters.

Shooting while on water was a total transformation for me than it is shooting on land due to the fact that water is basically like a reflector when shooting birds that are just a few feet above the water. Since I am slowly starting to become known with my photo of the seagull getting splashed by the ocean, I decided to capture these wonderful creatures one last time before I would become fully devoted to the classes I am in now. I will admit, I was feeding them a ton of crackers while riding in the boat, but at least they are not feeding on plastics and such to try and stay alive. Better that they feed on stale crackers than to let it go to waste. The crackers were meant for the ducks but as I saw one seagull going in for a pick, another soon followed suite. I swear they come out of nowhere!

In turn these are the photos that came out to be and I feel that the timing I get when they are momentarily suspended in mid-air is peaceful and an art form in its own. All I can see is an art form with the way the light is cast upon each seagull thanks to the low setting of the sun and the hills and seagulls to slightly impede it. Oh do these birds move which ever way they can to get to their targets. =)











These guys as well as other birds, if I happen to run across them, are something that will never leave my sight. I just hope many of you do not lose sight of them either. And can anyone tell me how difficult it is throwing the crackers, stopping flying trash, snapping the photos while on the back of your mind you are hoping that you will not get pooped on? O.O And as always, thanks for reading.

- Tues. Amb. Stanley

I will leave you with this cute, big eyed bird that I have been trying to capture for several months after seeing this guy blurred out in several of my photos focused on different birds. Unfortunately I am unaware of its name and I hope I find out soon. Until next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!