Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday Spotlight On: Film

We have all seen amazing images from past photographers who used camera obscure, daguerreotypes, dry plates, and film. As time shifts forward, new technology has merged us into a generation where film has almost become a thing of the past. Certainly there are still some working photographers who only shoot film, develop it and promote their images as if it can stand the test of time.

My first camera was given to me in Germany by my high school teacher who encouraged me to keep this tradition alive. Without knowing that the DSLR was on its way with a bang, I studied the styles of any photographer who has shot with film. I became curious as to how someone could develop their images using chemicals in the dark room. After trial and error, I soon learned myself.

A website properly titled, I Still Shoot Film, is a one stop shop on almost anything film. This website offers resources that can be beneficial to the beginner film enthusiast to the well skilled film photographer. The Beginner's Guide explains everything there is to know about exposures, ISO, and understanding the different style of lenses. There is also a list of places that sell and can develop your film, a how to guide on purchasing a film camera and most importantly a step by step guide to teaching you how to develop your own film.

Film may not be as popular as DSLR's, smart phone cameras and even the handy dandy point and shoot. But it is waiting to be rediscovered.

I am your Sunday Funday Ambassador! Happy shooting!

I Still Shoot Film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!