Monday, April 13, 2015

Happy Monday All,


Today I want to talk about helping a struggling classmate.  I'm sure we have all been there where we can't figure out how to do something and it's the day the assignment is due.  We begin to panic and get frustrated because we don't want to be late.  We want the assignment to be on time but we just can't get the program we are working with to do what we want it to.  I've been there and it's not fun.


There have been a couple of times when I have seen classmates post questions for the teacher and they didn't yet get a reply.  Teachers are of course busy and they have set times when they log on just as we do.  I would then reach out to that classmate and try to help them.  One classmate in my last class emailed me after I posted my assignment.  She sounded so upset and desperate to understand what she was doing wrong.  I emailed her back with my phone number and told her to just call me.  It was late at night and I was exhausted but I felt really bad because I have been where she was.  She eventually solved the problem and her project turned out great.  I also told her she could try a tutor but I wasn't sure what time they were there until. 


If you see someone struggling, please reach out and help them.  You know you would want the same respect from someone else.  We are all here as a team and we should reach out to support our fellow classmates.  It is a great feeling in the end. 


If you have any other suggestions on this topic or any other please comment or question. 


Thanks,
Barbara Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!