Monday, April 6, 2015

Good Monday Morning Everyone,


I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend.  For todays blog I wanted to tell you about the class I just finished which was Lighting.  First of all, I really enjoyed this class and learning about all the new lighting techniques that you can add to photography.  I captured some images that I would have never even thought to capture on my own.  I wanted to give you some pointers on this class from my point of view. 


1.  If you have this class coming up on your schedule, be sure to have some extra money set aside for the things you are going to need.  My lighting kit that came with the voucher did not include a light meter.  I'm not sure if that has been changed but something to look into.  My light meter alone was $195.00.  The scrim sets with the tripod that I had to purchase was another $105.00.  Then I purchased a backdrop for my studio area which was another $130.00.  You will also need extension cord, A clamps, and a room with dark colored walls to shoot in.  All these details will pay off in the end and you will do great in this class if you're prepared.


2.  Make sure you have a few models lined up for this class.  You will need to photograph at least five different people during this class.  One of the assignments in which you will need both a male and female.  They won't have to be in the same images.  Just make sure you talk to people and have models lined up so you are not stuck at the last minute with nobody. 


3.  I would highly recommend that if you live in an area where it is cold in the winter, to take this class in the spring or summer.  There are times when you have to shoot outdoors and it can be difficult when the temperatures are in the teens.  We had an especially brutal winter here in NJ this year.  It's just so much easier to get your best shots when you're not rushing because your fingers are numb and your face is about to freeze off.  LOL.


This class really taught me a lot in terms of lighting in photography.  I'm sure there is so much more for me to learn and experiment with.  If you have any questions about it or need any other advice, please feel free to ask.  Have a great week everyone.


Barbara Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!