Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wide Angle Wednesday- ABC Scavenger Hunt Series

Good Day Fellow Shutterbugs!

As the sun rises in the mid West, and the outside temperatures continue to be frigid, I’m amazed at the news coming in from our Southern neighbors. I lived in various climates as far North in the frozen tundra of Alaska, Southern humid Georgia, central sunny California, dry heat of central Arizona, and on the beach of the Outer Banks of North Carolina. All locations had that unusual weather patterns from time to time. It’s hard to believe that my friends down South are seeing snow this morning. It’s awesome to see the images flowing in through social networks and news outlets. As the children play in the rare snow, many are stranded on interstates and accidents are in the triple digits. For those reading and in these locations, I hope you can stay safe and warm.

Speaking of the cold, I revisited the frozen bubble test this week in my hunt to shoot the ABC scavenger hunt photo series. I ran into some trouble with the wind blowing but overall I got some shots. I had hopes in using a black board but the bubbles refused to freeze on the board. My only conclusion is that black attracts heat and the board surface in the sun was to warm even though the temperature was below zero. I did however get the bubbles to freeze but only on the bubble wand. I tried to place the wand or frozen bubble on the board but the delicate bubble would shatter or implode.


Here is the closest result of the two days trying to achieve a frozen bubble shoot, and I promise to keep revisiting the subject until I master the art. With the temperatures being so cold across the Nation, have you tried the art of the frozen bubble?



The ABC scavenger hunt photo series is going well. Trying to figure out what to shoot for the letters Q, V, and Z. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Once I have the series complete, I will share the full album. Here are a trio of shots from the series. 

Letter G for Geocaching- Don't have a clue to what Geocaching is, no worries I have a photo series and I'll share that very soon.

Letter S for Snow

Letter P for Patriotism


Thanks for taking the time to visit the Student Ambassador blog and I look forward to comments and suggestions below. Don't forget I'm looking for image ideas for the letter's Q, V, and Z in the ABC Scavenger Hunt series. 

Blog Image Credit; CS of Coyote Moon Photography

3 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I love the ABC Scavenger Hunt idea. What about incorporating some cool motion shots for Z using "zoom" or "zip...?" I bet you could find a cool "zigzag" somewhere too! When I think of V, I go right to "vino" because I love a good bottle of wine. "Vine" or "veil" could be fun to play around with too. Q is tough... Maybe a school "quad" or a group of things that make up a "quartet" or "quintet?" It will be fun to see the full series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may have the answers you are looking for. Maybe if you got your hands on a Zebra, a Viking and a Quaker? Well a Quaker may be more difficult to acquire but not a Quilt! =D Do you have a Dodge dealership around you? As disgusting as it sounds, you could take a picture of a Zit. Maybe? All of this is just ideas. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the ideas and comments.

    Carolyn, I was thinking along the lines of motion shots to represent "z". I actually used a wine bottle for "w". Q is going to be the death of me, but I look forward to whatever comes along.

    Tuesday Amb, I'm sure there is a zebra at the zoo, but the closest zoo is two hours up the road. Not that two hours is a long drive; nothing will beat the drive from Missouri to Alaska, and Alaska to Georgia trips. I'll have to play on the Viking item or person but if I look hard enough I may find something. I'm actually hoping to catch a picture of a Quail or pen quill for "Q". We have a plan to visit the Reservation in Arizona but not until early June :( On the Reservation we have a ton of Quail's that run around with all their babies following behind in a line. Yes their birds, but I have always seen them as walkers and not flyers. Don't think I could make myself step foot on a Dodge dealership but we do have one here. Sorry I'm a huge Ford fan. Umm well a zit...nah don't think I would go there.

    Thanks again and I look forward to finishing the series. It appears the series will take a little longer to complete but Rome wasn't built in a day.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!