Friday, August 23, 2013

I had just started a photography class, which is always great, but unfortunately I had a problem with my DSLR just when I needed it for my first shooting assignment. Perfect.

Keith Kelley, 2013
I emailed my instructor and explained the situation. She responded saying it would be better to complete the assignment with a point and shoot, rather than to lose the points.
With this answer, I felt fairly confident I could fulfill the assignment requirements with my iPhone. After all, I use it all the time.
Keith Kelley, 2013
Armed with a camera app called Camera+ (a truly invaluable app), my iPhone and I set out to complete our biggest quest yet: don't look like an idiot on the first photo shoot of the class.

I shot a ton of pictures and had a blast, taking time for each shot to compose and correctly expose the scene. I've learned that when you have limited settings, focus on composition and lighting.
After posting, there’s the wait; waiting for that ever so haunting, yet wonderful and revealing critique. Just about a quarter after eternity, there it was. And I read something quite unexpected from my instructor.
                                                             
She said that if I hadn't told her the shots were from an iPhone, she would not have known.

This made me wonder, just how much can be done with small or cheap cameras?
Keith Kelley, 2013

So, get to know composition, make friends with light, don’t rush the fundamentals; and you will find yourself able to take great shots with just about anything.


Maybe even this thing...

Have fun this weekend guys,

-Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!