Wednesday, August 7, 2013

3 Images I like this week

OK so I know the blog is posted WAY late this week.  I had a meeting last night and didn't get home until late, at which time I completely forgot that it was Tuesday night and that I had something important to do (BLOG!).  Sorry to the faithful Wednesday readers out there (There's at least one or two of you out there right?)

This week I thought I would share a few of the images that I currently find interesting/inspiring/cool/whatever.



Koncept Kreations
I like this image mainly for the reflection in the hardwood floor.  That element alone makes the image feel polished and elegant.  If not for that it would probably just be another picture of a girl on a floor.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Craig Hill
I really like the juxtaposition in this image of the dress, which is very chic and urban, to the trees that are surrounding her.  I also like the lighting (which was done with one strobe with a beauty dish as indicated in the BTS image on Craig's Blog).


John Pero IV
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Love this.  Its creepy.  Great use of intentional subject blur.  Check out the image on John's Flickr page.  There is a creepy short story that goes along with this image, as well as a few other images in the same series.  They are all pretty creepy too.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you take time each day to search around for images that you can learn from and that inspire you.  Another thing to do that will help with your own work, is to critique the images as if they were a classmates.  Look for what could be improved.  For example, in the first image I posted, the light fall off from left to right on the wall is pretty drastic, and that same fall off effects the exposure on the model.  The image could use a second light.  The second image I would crop a little tighter.  The tree trunk on the right side of the frame draws my eyes away from the frame instead of into it.  I would lose it if it was my image to correct.  And the last image... well I'll let you critique it.  Post your critique in the comments section.
 
 
 
 
 
Works Cited
Hill, Craig. Fashion on a Tree. Craig Hill Photography. Craig Hill Photography, 2013. Web. 7 Aug. 2013. <http://craighillphotography.com/blog/2013/7/5/july-4th-2013>.
Koncept Kreations. Reina Laying on the Floor. Koncept Kreations. Koncept Kreations, 2013. Web. 7 Aug. 2013. <http://konceptkreations.com/photography/?page_id=333>.
Pero, John, IV. "Forever Home." Flickr.com. Yahoo!, 2013. Web. 7 Aug. 2013. <http://www.flickr.com/photos/65939880@N07/9194093905/>.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!