Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Another Beginning...

Hello everyone and welcome to another Terrific Tuesday!

Today is going to be a different type of blog, mainly I will be sharing one of my student moments with you.  Have you ever wonder if you are over thinking something and then you get yourself really confused on something that should be easy to understand?  I have, and I am right now!

You might be wondering what the title is all about, but if you are not a new student, you possible have started a new round of courses last Thursday, right? If you did, you are probably going a little crazy trying to catch up with the studies, the readings and the assignments.  So, back to the confused part, I am currently taking two photography classes (probably like some of you) and until this term I never had a problem differentiating the requirements of each one.  However, this time is different as I am taking two classes that require two final projects; one fashion story and one photo essay.

Simple, right?  Well, I am here to tell you that if you take two classes that are similar in their final project requirements be sure you clearly understand what you need to do for the final project, and that goes for any class you take.  I have seen myself confusing them and thinking about photo stories, fashion essays and story essays!  Did I confuse you? I hope not!

So, what can you do if you get as confused as I felt most of the weekend?

 - First, read all the content of the class including the readings from your text book.  Sometimes reading the material can clear some of the confusion that you might be feeling.

-          -  Ask questions, somebody said once that the worst question is the one never asked.  Believe it or not, you might be asking questions that someone else wanted to ask but was afraid to do so.

-          -  Use your resources, including your professor!  There are office hours posted at the beginning of each course, some of them are also in Skype, so go ahead and pick their brain, they will help you.

-          -  Use the blog, we are here to assist in every way we can, if we do not know the answer, we will use our resources to help you as much as we can!

-         -    Research, research, research!  Sometimes research helps in seeing what is out there and will give you some ideas of what you can do, but remember that if you use the research in your work, you also need to give the credit to where credit is due.



It is a new beginning, and it don't have to be a stressful one!  Have fun with your new classes and embrace the moment!

Until later then, hope you are all doing great and not stressing too much.  Have a question about your current classes, drop me a line, I will be checking regularly all day!

Have a great pixel day!


Tuesday Ambassador

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!