Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Submitting Photographs for competitions and Contests.

 Hello everyone. Another good Wednesday morning to you. We just had some heavy thunderstorms roll through our area last night so I hope no matter where you all were that you are all safe.

This morning I am going to be talking about something that I think every photographer should be participating in.

That is online photography completions and contests.  I think it is a great way to get some exposure and see how your work compares to so many of your peers in the marketplace today.

Here are a few links that I think you should really consider. You may be able to find some of my work on them as well.


I recently submitted some of my HDR, Shadows and Macro work to  https://gurushots.com  They cover a wide variety of subjects so you do not feel as if there is no genre for you.


Viewbug is another great site with limited free submissions http://www.viewbug.com

Then if you would like an extensive list of all the current competitions and contests you can find it over here http://www.photocontestinsider.com

Well with all these competitions and contests out there, it is not always just about taking your RAW image and uploading it. I am sure that if you saw any of the photographs on http://500px.com you can see that the photographers spend a great deal of time preparing their work for competition.

Here is a great blog post by Scott Kelby discussing the requirements for preparing your work for competition.  

So have fun today. Go through your course photographs and pull out all those great images that your professor raved about and submit them for peer approval. They are the ones that matter most as well as the general public.

Family and friends are very biased so get out there and compete.

Here is one of my Editor favorites from Modern Postcard, which I submitted last year.


Have a great day everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!