Monday, December 23, 2013

Time is Running Out

It’s two days before Christmas, time is running out
The to-do list keeps growing, mom wants to shout!
Photos need taken, but no one’s in place,
And don’t even mention the crumbs on their face!
        I have visions of portraits running through my head
But the children only want to jump on the bed.
I’m running about holding my lens cap,
All I really want is a long winter’s nap.
        Suddenly there arose such a clatter,
I am sure what is broken is dear grandma’s platter.
I whip out my camera and turn on the flash
Hoping to catch the culprit before he makes his dash.
        Outside is fresh falling snow
Here photos can be taken that are worthy to show.
All the relatives will wish they came,
So I shall call them by name.
        Uncle Henry!  Aunt Rita! Hello Papa and Nan!
There’s Billy! And Susie!  And sweet little Jan!
Quick everyone take your places,
I want to be sure to catch all your faces.
        Wait who it that’s up on the shelf?
It’s the funny little elf.
I am still hoping for a good photo op,
But my shutter’s stopped clicking, the photos have stopped.
        Christmases past, Christmases yet to come
This is unique, it’s own special one.
Yes the photos are special, memories they bring,
But what really matters is the warm feelings.
        Take a moment to put your camera aside,
Soak in the memories and warmth inside.
Tuck them deep within, way out sight,

Have yourself a MERRY CHRISTMAS NIGHT!


Lisa K Morgan Photography

2 comments:

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!