Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Your New Tuesday Ambassador is Here!

Hello, everyone!  I am Abby, your new Tuesday Ambassador bringing you insight and inspiration as well as answering your questions from the beautiful Pacific Northwest.  I have been attending AIPOD for almost two years and am preparing to graduate this December.  I went to college the first time right after high school but just wasn't sure what I wanted to do for a career.  Of course I had aspirations of becoming a dental hygienist and even major in Philosophy, but they were all lacking something that I needed in a career.  I have had jobs in which I have excelled and done well at, but they were never going to make me happy because I couldn't explore my artistry.

Like many other photographers, I got my first camera for my 10th birthday and my passion for capturing photos became an integral part of my being though I had never had any experience with photography beyond the two point-and-shoot cameras.  Growing up I was fascinated by National Geographic magazines and they served to illustrate the world as I had never seen it.  It inspired a desire to take a deeper interest in the splendors and mysteries of Earth and nature.  It was not until after my son was born that I stopped making excuses for not following my dreams of working for National Geographic; I needed to set a good example for him and teach him that hard work pays off--your dreams don't come true if you don't pursue them.  He is my reason for going back to school, he why I work so hard at everything I do.




I may not be a National Geographic photographer yet, but I have come a long way since I began school at AIPOD and the level of accomplishment and success I have achieved thus far is only a confirmation that with time, dedication, persistence, passion, and determination you have the power to make your dreams a reality.  Are you pursuing a dream?  What are your career aspirations? 





1 comment:

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!