Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Are you ready to sign up new clients....?

Hello everyone.

I say this not because I am curious about what you have done in the past or what you have already prepared for your clients, but it is more of a question for myself?

Tonight I went to a showcase for a company that I work for. It was a showcase for wedding couples looking for photographer's, DJ's and videographers. I have to admit I was not sure what to expect because I had never attended one before. So let me prepare you so that you do not make the same mistakes that I made.

Firstly, they always say that you should have a website or a portfolio ready to show prospective clients. Well, I got all of these. I have Behance it has some of my work but it did not have any of my wedding portfolios or any of my engagement sessions. I just realized that you have to make sure that your portfolio is up-to-date with the latest work that you have recently done.

I also have my own website which showcases more recent work. However the point that I am trying to make here is that you have to be prepared to show your clients all of your work no matter where you are. Tonight I had a number of different options available to me.

I used my IPad to link my Lightroom collections to my LR Mobile app. This helped me ensure that prospective clients can see some of my best work on a screen and they are able to make a decision on whether my work is suitable for their particular event. If you have not used this option before then all you have to do is download the LR Mobile app from the Apple or Android store and then when you go into your Lightroom collections you click on the little square box next to the collection name and this will sync that collection to your mobile app.

Here is a short video to see how it works.


Now you don't need a collection with hundreds of images. Just make sure it is a collection with your best edited images.

Next, make sure that you make a few prints. Whether they are canvas wraps or even large prints in a frame they are good selling points for your clients. They can see what it looks like when they have their photographs printed. It is also an investment in you and your company. Do not think of it as an expense that is wasted. It is a portfolio that you can take with you wherever you go. 

Finally, make sure that you have your business cards with you. Let the client leave knowing who they have spoken to and whether they would like to come back to you. You need to make an impression. This is your career that you are talking about and you always want them thinking and talking about you.

One additional item that I have added is a slideshow of some of my work. If you are a wedding photographer then have a great wedding slideshow of some of your best work. Here is a sample slideshow that you could have running in the background when you are speaking to potential clients.




So be prepared for any and all eventualities. I wish you all the best and success in your careers.

Kind regards.

Denzil


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and ask questions we are here to help!